The environment is filled with toxins that ultimately cause the body to be exposed to them. Another way toxins exist in the body is the fact that people have cavities that are filled with amalgam fillings. This means that if you did not have a choice as resin fillings were not available back in the day and nor was the money to get great dental care; your mouth may be filled with lots of metal and subsequently exposed to the toxins of mercury in those fillings.
The amalgam used in dental work is made up of tin, copper, silver and mercury. Mercury consists of fifty percent of the amalgam and is necessary because it is the mercury that enables the metals to bind together for a lasting hold with regard to filling of teeth. Which makes sense because the filling needs to be strong enough to replace the absence of tooth; so it should not be of denture putty composition. The trade off to this would be a pair of raw gums and other diseases associated with it. So we try to keep and preserve our teeth the best way be can. Amalgam fillings can last approximately ten years, but they can also last a lot longer. Since amalgam is much cheaper many people still receive them for fillings. Resin fillings (made of ceramic and plastic) have not been around long enough, are much more expensive and may not last as long as amalgam fillings.
This certainly presents an issue, metal toxicity in the body due to amalgam fillings or resin fillings that come out as soon as you've finally finished paying for them. The body naturally tries to remove toxins from it through the liver and kidneys, but toxins can travel through to various areas of the body and cause illness. Especially if they travel through to the lymphatic system. Why? Because that would affect the white blood cells of the immune system which is needed to survive. So if you have four amalgam fillings which contain fifty percent of mercury in each of them, you are exposed to appx. 1.5-8.5mcg of mercury on a daily basis, this means that each of the many, many, many atoms contained in the mercury can destroy a lymphocyte blood cell or nerve cell.
Now For The Bonus Round:
There are several articles with regard to mercury and vaccinations(thimerosol perservative, organic mercury). The effects of mercury poisoning can lead to problems such as: abnormal serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine, norepinephrine glutamate, aspartate levels; demyelation of the brain, abnormal neuronal cell replication, microcephaly and macrocephaly; damage to purkinje and granular cells, abnormal glutathione, sulfate levels and mitochondrial and metabolism dysfunction; insufficient amount of endopeptidase enzymes for the breakdown of gluten and casein; agitation and self inflicted harm or causing injury to self; alexia or hyperlexia, involuntary movements, and abnormal sensations with regard to extremities and sound; dysarthria and psychiatric problems; developmental and learning disorders.
As a result the mental and brain damage effects of mercury along with the physical effects of the toxins can begin at the fetus and into adult years. In any attempt toxins must be removed from the body. If one is unable to remove the fillings due to affordability; then mercury detoxification is necessary in order to rid the body of mercury and the destruction that it causes. By taking adequate amounts of garlic(prevents cancer and heart problems) ,magnesium, cilantro(reverses DNA damage of mercury) and chlorella(alkalizes the blood) mercury can then be removed from the body. Always consult with a herbalist or physician with regard to detoxification because if mercury is involved, mercury releases mercury vapor by stimulation when brushing amalgam filled teeth or during a visit with the dentist so caution is advised as herbs and supplements need to work accordingly.
After all of this is said and done-all you may want for Christmas is your two front teeth and believe me so do I along with the rest of me. But hey I'm only human and any amount leading to that bonus is really, really appreciated.