Health insurance is a necessity, but often such luxuries are not included. This may include single room occupancy and the use of a tv and of course a heater since hopstials tend to be like supermarkets in that they can be very cold.
I know that paying off tuition for those physicians who still owe money after they graduate medical school is obviously crucial to their survival. Of this is not paid of course, the school may deny a patient to practice medicine because they may withhold their degree and then that means that anyone who graduates from a school or college and owes money will definitely be in hock to a bank for the loans they need to pay off their tuition. But they don't need to break the legs of patients in using their weakness for the tv tube in order to satisfy debts people incur as a result of attending medical school. By this I mean that if charging appx. $6.00 a day, then you would be paying the hospital $42.00 a week for the use of the small monitored tv. If you look at your cable tv plan at home you would definitely see that you just paid one-third to one-half of a bill you normally pay at home; to the hospital and in many instances you do not have access to the internet.
The hospital itself is a circus of sorts because you must do handstands and have a tight walk about yourself in waiting for not only a physician to actually see you but you then need to wait for your results also. Ok, so I at times blow fire because it seems like a classroom of sorts with a ratio of 50 patients to one physician; so that extra help or detailed questions(meaning break it down, and I don't mean my bones or teach me how to dance kinda thing) one may need answered gets left to the patient or the patients family being the encyclopedia of resource. Which is why the internet is so important, instead of a damn tv where you sit idle as your savings gets a kick to the curb because of all that you are charged and the added entertainment you shelled out for to occupy yourself during such a stay.
So now we must decide if these physicians are doctors or actually lawyers or both? Since they tend to bill exorbitant fees and prolong your medical stay so that you are charged more money, time and aggravation as a result.
In observing the loot that physicians walk away with, as you hobble home from yet another day of stress; one then ponders the question what is really important? In asking this the answer is first and foremost to stay healthy and avoid excess indulgences because there are mouths to feed and although you may not be directly responsible for feeding them or anyone in particular; if you are the cause of a hungry person (directly or indirectly) then you reap what you sow. Anyway, critical diagnosis people eat a food that sounds just like the word.
What am I suggesting? For those persons who want to donate money to the tv tube known as cathode ray or now liquid crystal; then fine your wealth represents the 1% that do not need to ask questions about how much something costs. For the rest of the 99% of people who have to penny pinch there needs to be a more cost effective solution and alternative.
Since the hospital will say that it's the cable company that regulates the charges that cause them to charge a high daily fee for the use of a small monitored tv, then what about radio and internet for $1.00 a day. If you pay for a day you don't use the money will be refunded. There is nothing wrong with pre-paid or pay as you go, it does not make you any less of a person! This way while physicians are seeing the 50:1 aspect of rounds and duties, when they pop in briefly to inform you of a diagnosis without too much of an explanantion, you can then look up via the internet your diagnosis and other related questions including physicians to see for the condition if the physician's don't know of any off hand. This was the physician can continue on his or her lucrative busy way and you will be armed with all the information you need once you leave the hospital.
Now that you have indeed made good use of your time learning about what is wrong with you and how to treat it, along with the kleenex- the longer you wait and prolong treatment the sicker a person becomes. Yes, we know about the $0.75 cents charge per piece of paper when you get copies of medical records. But, as part of the no frills routine stay each patient should be provided a pad, pen and paper to take notes since tablets, ipads, laptops if not locked down can walk away while you are taking care of business or in another part of the hospital gettting a 30 second test just to wait 3 days for the result. Hmmm just enough time for things to disappear! Hospitals should not let this happen to their patients or their bank accounts resulting from their financial inability to pay. Radio and internet for $1.00 a day, allow the patient to educate themselves!